Our goal is to shift as much of the added value as possible to the target region. Only a few critical components (e.g. textiles, foam) and the construction of the houses come from PMFHousing.
- The production of the PMF houses does not require large and complex manufacturing facilities.
- Small, local workshops can produce most wooden, metal and textile parts with just a few tools (e.g. circular saw, drill).
- The parts are light and therefore easy to transport to the construction site. Heavy vehicles are not required.
- Assembly only requires hand tools and some tools such as tables, trestles and ladders.
- PMFHousing supports the local partners with training, equipment and procurement.
What we are looking for:
- Partners who are able to manufacture components according to our specifications and quality standards, to distribute, build and maintain the houses.
- Partners who share and accept our values in terms of quality, safety, environmental protection and human rights.
- The legal structure (PMFH subsidiary with employees, joint company, cooperation agreement ...) can be adapted to the respective situation.
- Of course, we also need space for a workshop, road connections, access to electricity, water and fuels.
- We or our partners need employees who either have a minimum level of training in timber construction and / or assembly or are willing to undergo training. A certain basic education (reading, writing, arithmetic, ...) is a prerequisite for this.
- Light / or medium trucks with drivers
What we offer:
- Design and planning of standardized or individual buildings, drawings, parts lists, calculations, building instructions and documentation
- Purchasing and supply of material:
- Wood (optional)
- Metal / metal parts (optional)
- Textile elements (critical to quality, therefore via PMF housing)
- Foam components (critical to quality, therefore via PMF housing)
- Metal parts, like screws, brackets, fittings etc. (optional)
- Workshop equipment, tools etc. (optional)
- Further equipment of the houses (optional)
- Training / education, instruction
- Cooperation with suitable industries and organizations
- Investment and financing (in planning)
- Complementary products: e.g .: energy, education ...
- Aid organizations, governments, NGOs
- Regional exclusivity (reciprocal and performance-based)
Our basic rules:
- We are committed to fair trade, fair working conditions and fair pay.
- We support our local partners with equipment, training and help.
- We are committed to environmental protection, sustainability and social responsibility.
- In return, we expect our partners to treat employees, customers and suppliers fairly,
and commit to responsibility for the environment and the society.